Friday 29 March 2013

The Fountain, Bedford - A Coffee shop with a difference

I want to tell you about a place I haven't ever actually visited (yet! It is on the agenda for this next month or so and I am soooo excited!!) but I want to share a little bit about what they do....

The Fountain is a cafe/coffee shop in Bedford that doubles up as a youth venue, they describe themselves as "A charity coffee shop and community venue for Bedford" and I've been following them for a while, being friendly with the wife of the director Chris.

In a world where we all need a little bit of help, this charity coffee shop is able to do just that, as well as serving (I'm told) awesome coffee, they are able to provide warm drinks when people can't afford them, a safe and welcoming environment for the young people of Bedford when there isn't a lot else for them to do and the team are there to lend an ear when things get tough.

Of course, they are a charity and are always looking for donations and there are various ways to do this listed on the link.  They set up a text donation process too, so if you are in the UK, and feel you can help them provide a warm drink for someone who needs a bit of help I know they would be incredibly grateful.



I can't wait to go along, and when I do I promise to come back and write a bit more about the coffee itself!


No comments:

Post a Comment